2) Next, mold the chicken wire to fit the vessel by bending the corners under, then criss-cross the tape over the top to hold the chicken wire in place.
3) Gather your green elements and accents. Incorporate a variety of colors, sizes and styles. Find all the artificial stems used HERE.
4) Use wire cutters to trim the stems to appropriate lengths for arranging, separating stems on the bushes to create multiple stems.
5) Begin inserting leaves into the chicken wire to create the base of your arrangement. Use larger tropical leaves around the sides to provide coverage, and use more of the stems you’ve cut from the “bushes” to fill in the center to begin creating the shape of the arrangement.
6) Gather your floral elements. Find all the silk flowers used HERE.
7) Cut the stems of the flowers to appropriate lengths for arranging, and separate the multi-stem blooms like the cosmos and anemones. Cut each Lady Slipper Orchid where the blooms attach to the stem, and add a piece of floral wire, using stem wrap tape to adhere the wire to the short stem in order to make it long enough to use each bloom individually.
9) Continue adding focal flowers, turning the arrangement as you work, so as to create focal points in all directions. Add in cosmos and the tiny dahlia buds for some whimsical dimension.
10) Finally, add a few additional flowers such as 3-4 stems of Mini Real Touch Sweetheart Roses, and any additional stems of foliage or bushes to fill out the arrangement. Add a bit of drape to the base of the arrangement with the Wandering Jew Bush and Seeded Eucalyptus Sprays.
This beautiful centerpiece will WOW your guests when you tell them you arranged it yourself with artificial flowers and greenery.
For more floral inspiration visit Lauryl Lane. If you make your own arrangement using these steps and Afloral.com artificial flowers we'd love to see it, Please share on Instagram with hashtag #Afloral .
Designed by Lauryl Lane Botanical Stylist®