Lately, we've been obsessing over our beautiful Italian Ruscus greenery and all the ways it can bring the feeling of nature into any space. We think you might love it as much as we do, too, so today, we'd love to share our expert tips on designing organic floral and greenery arrangements with our fake plants! Our spotlight is shining on the Italian Ruscus leaf, what pairs well with it, and which vases we adore arranging it all in.
Why We Chose to Focus on Italian Ruscus Greenery
The Italian Ruscus is dainty and elegant greenery, which adds a wonderfully soft and serene touch to any room, no matter that room's design. Be it modern, mid-century, minimalism, or bohemian, these sweet leaves bring a touch of wild-garden growth and green visuals ideal as a backdrop or front and center for a floral arrangement.
At best, genuine Italian Ruscus leaves last up to 8 days in water. Artificial Italian Ruscus arrangements will last for decades! Possibly one of the most significant benefits is how they can be re-arranged and reused over and over again.
Where to Place Greenery Arrangements to Create a Stunning Atmosphere
Have you ever heard an interior decorator use the term "cold," or someone refer to a home space as "feeling cold"? While modern design embraces clean lines and uncluttered spaces, it can also translate into a home or a room that doesn't feel cozy. A cold room or a room that feels cold to you could mean a simple color palette that somehow makes the space feel more sterile, especially if you have a home designed around open areas.
One of the easiest ways to warm up any room is to place greenery arrangements. Greenery flawlessly highlights your home's best features while maintaining the aesthetic you've chosen, and does so without making costly, significant changes.
If your room doesn't feel cold, yet you feel something missing every time you walk into it—or you have little nooks and crannies that appear bare, try adding a little greenery here and there!
Other tips for placing faux greenery:
• Natural plants and flowers need a lot of sunlight; there's no reason not to place faux plants near areas of your home where you would naturally put an actual plant. Especially since Afloral is so dedicated to capturing as many realistic details as possible, you don't have to worry about them looking 'too fake.'
• If you use a clear vase for your faux greens, feel free to add water! It helps make them look as realistic as possible.
• Go ahead and add real soil! Use real dirt or other plant potting materials because it enhances the illusion. The best part? No watering is needed!
Before you begin arranging, as always, we recommend you have a few supplies to ensure the creation process goes as smoothly and efficiently as possible. Gather your:
• Floral chickenwire, floral tack clay adhesive, Flower hairpin frog, Agra-wool, or dried angel vine for arranging and holding your greenery
• Floral waterproof tape to keep any stems together or in a particular shape
• A pair of artificial flower sheers and heavy-duty wire cutters for trimming leaves or stems
Choosing your Greenery Pieces and Vases
If you're interested in recreating Afloral's unique looks, here's everything we used in our beautiful photos.
• Artificial Leaves Italian Ruscus Branch – 49"
• Fake Leaves Italian Ruscus Branch – 49"
• Artificial Italian Ruscus Leaf Branch – 36"
• Large Faux Italian Ruscus Spray – 46"
Our florists used these gorgeous vases:
• Afloral Large Cream Glossy Ceramic Vase – 10.5"
• Smokey Slate Large Clay Table Vase – 11"
• Ceramic Tall Glossy Vase in Blue-Washed White - 16"
To recreate our arrangements is relatively simple and creates a sophisticated, bright touch of vibrancy. We bunch several of our Faux Italian Ruscus Spray, 49", to pair with our Afloral Large cream glossy ceramic vase. The vase is magnificent and warm, and the spray's leaves are fresh spring green. To arrange, we placed a small piece of floral tack and a floral hairpin frog to hold our stems at the bottom of the vase to keep everything in place. Then, we began branch placement.
To make the entire arrangement look more organic and natural, play with trimming tiny bits of the stem to give the piece variance in height and interest. Next, play with bending and arranging the branches for a natural and graceful arch that gives the piece fullness and life.
Would you instead embrace your creative and unique side and create something all your own with Italian Ruscus leaves? Are you unsure what to pair it with? We've got you!
DIY Greenery Arrangement
Play with different hues of green. If a uniform shade isn't your style, you'll notice we have two fantastic hues of green to mix when it comes to our realistic Italian Ruscus, and if you'd instead try all sorts of greenery, we love pairing:
• Tall vases are perfect for greenery centerpieces.
• We adore the look of these leaves with gorgeous grasses. Add some Preserved Coastal Dune or UV Protected Outdoor grass for a just-picked-from-the-wild arrangement.
• Bosten Ferns are both unique and sophisticated green on their own and, paired with Italian Ruscus, create a full lushness that draws the eye.
• Eucalyptus is timeless greenery that florists and flower enthusiasts adore adding to any arrangement and would look lovely paired with Italian Ruscus.
There are many beautiful arrangements to be made with greenery and many ways to embrace your creativity! We hope we've been able to inspire you! We will love to see if you make your arrangement using our greenery! Share your favorite arrangements and how they make you feel by tagging us on social media; we'd love to see them! And don't forget to follow us for more tips, tricks, ideas, and incredible facts about all things floral.
Lately, we've been obsessing over our beautiful Italian Ruscus greenery and all the ways it can bring the feeling of nature into any space. We think you might love it as much as we do, too, so today, we'd love to share our expert tips on designing organic floral and greenery arrangements with our fake plants! Our spotlight is shining on the Italian Fiscus leaf, what pairs well with it, and which vases we adore arranging it all in.